Sunday

Rustic Mickey Mouse Birthday

Jaelyn's 5th Birthday!!
 
My hubby and I wanted to do something big for our angel's 5th birthday. What could be bigger than DISNEY WORLD!!!
Yes! we are going to Disney World!!!
We are leaving March 6th and we couldn't be more excited. I have been planning for the past year and anxiously counting down the days and now it's finally here. We still have a lot to do before our trip! We have exactly 4 days to get ourselves and everything together, but I know it can be done:)
 
Although, we are spending a good amount of money on the trip, we still wanted to have a small birthday party before we leave. We invited just family over to our house (which is still around 30 people) and kept the menu simple. Hot dogs, Frito pies, French fries, hot wings, chicken nuggets, fruit, and veggies. For dessert chocolate cupcakes with Oreo ears, mini cheese Danishes, and ice cream. I made all of the paper decorations myself (thanks to my Cricut) and used stuff I already had, like white platters, burlap runners, white table cloths, and existing furniture.
I purchased little things like, paper straws, napkins, plates, forks, food containers etc.
I used red pails, Styrofoam balls, and yellow shredded paper from the dollar store to make the Mickey head decorations.
I had the Mickey balloon centerpieces made from a local balloonist/clown/face painter
Pookie the Clown
They came out so cute and my daughter loved them!

I had an idea of a rustic Mickey Mouse birthday party in my head, but wasn't exactly sure what that would end up looking like. I think it turned out great for being budget friendly and "thrown" together. Everyone loved it and had a great time and my mini thinks I am the greatest!
That's all that really matters:)

Have a great week!




























 

No comments:

Post a Comment