Monday

Diy nap mat

My big girl is about to start preschool in a few weeks and needed a nap mat for their daily naps at school. I wanted something cute and unique, so I turned to Pinterest to look for some tutorials.
I found this tutorial and headed to the fabric store with my mini, so she could pick out her own fabric.

I tweaked the pattern just a tiny bit using two different fabrics instead of one. Also, I used a "satiny' material for the inside of the blanket instead of double minky. Instead of ribbon for the handle, I used extra fabric to make a strap and added a ruffle to up the cuteness:)





It's easy to roll up and has an attached pillow and blanket, it also has Velcro along the side to remove the foam for easy washing. I love it and so does my daughter! she will have the most stylish nap mat in her class:)


3 comments:

  1. It turned out soooo cute! Love your fabric. Glad the tutorial worked out for you and your lil one (she is precious!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh that is so cute! I need to make one of those for my little one:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this post while searching for a how-to nap mat. I'd love to recreate this for my own little, but the link you shared is dead. Any ideas where to find it or a similar tutorial? :)

    ReplyDelete