Thursday

DIY Christmas tree bows


With Christmas just around the corner my FB news feed is flooding with pictures of Christmas trees.
I usually pull out my Christmas tree December 1st, but I decided to change the colors of my formal living room this year, so naturally I needed to change my Christmas décor to match;)
I have a HUGE tree and accumulated a lot of ornaments and tree décor over the years, so I had to replace a lot!
Last year my tree was gold and green and this year I wanted to go with the popular burlap, and aqua blue combo. I also decided to keep the gold and also add some cream into the mix.
 
I love the way the little bows look in my Christmas tree, but I had a heard time finding the aqua color I had in mind. Most Christmas décor is traditionally red and green, but that was something I wanted to really step away from. I decided to make my own bows using wired ribbon from Hobby Lobby in my perfect color. I think they turned out fantastic:)
 
Here is a picture tutorial for these easy DIY Christmas tree bows.
Happy bow making!
 
DIY Christmas tree bows
 
Supplies:
  • Wired ribbon (your choice size and color)
  • ruler
  • scissors
  • pipe cleaners, wire or twist ties
  • lighter (for sealing ends of ribbon)
 


Cut a piece about 6.5 inches
 


Pinch in middle
 

 
Fold in half (this will be the bottom of the bow)
 

Cut another piece about 10.5 inches long
 


Fold both sides over, so they over lap a little
 



Pinch center to make bow shape for top
 

 
Put bottom and top piece together
 

 
Secure with pipe cleaner, twist tie or floral wire
 




All done! Now you have cute little bows to put in your tree:)
 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment