Monday

DIY Invites

 
My (not so little anymore) brother and his beautiful girlfriend are expecting a baby girl in December.
I could not be more happy and thrilled for them to become first time parents, and to become an aunt myself:)
 
I am throwing my soon to be sister in law (hint hint bro) a baby shower at my house.
I have a limited budget, since my 3 year old just started private school, and I will be going back to school.
Almost everything at the baby shower will DIY, but it's ok! Who doesn't love a great DIY project.
I started out by picking a theme, and since she is obsessed with owls that seemed like the obvious choice for a theme. So I choose to do like a rustic owl baby shower, using burlap, lace, pink and "woodsie" type pieces and fabrics.
 
I started with the invites, using Kraft paper cut to 5x7 invites and printed them out myself using my home computer.
Then, I made a "sleeve" using pink scrapbook paper, lace, and tied some burlap ribbon around. Of course the invites would not be complete without a owl hand stamped on the top.
 
This is just a peek at what is to come since the baby shower isn't until November, but I can assure you It's going to be adorable:)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment