Sunday

Cupcake Tiiiiiiiiiime:)

It's been almost a week since I last posted (sorry bout that). I've been working on my craft/guest room so I have been consumed with prepping, painting, cleaning and organizing. I'm slowly getting to the fun stuff, the decorating, the part where it all starts coming together and then I get to step back and be proud:) Tomorrow I'm gonna stop by Good Will to see if I can find some little treasures for me to transform! I need some lamps and a chair for my desk (wish me luck). I love giving things new life and I love the fact that it cost little to nothing:) My kind of shopping!!

Changing the subject now! My Great Grandfather turned 84 today so we had a little family get together and I of course was in charge of the dessert. I love baking and dream of one day opening my very own cupcake shop. I have these cupcakes that I make (Strawberry filled vanilla cupcakes with butter cream icing) they are my signature cupcake, my family goes crazy for them. I normally make my vanilla cupcakes from scratch and make my own strawberry filling but I needed an easier recipe for those days that I don't have alot of time to slave over the stove! So.........
with a regular box of golden vanilla cake mix and
canned strawberry pie filling/topping I was able to make some fast and very SCRUMPTIOUS vanilla strawberry filled cupcakes!! mmmm.....

Bake the cupcakes, let them cool and then hollow the center out with an apple corer
Then fill a disposable pastry bag with the filling
Cut the tip big enough for the filling to come out but small enough for it to fit in the hole.
Then fill em up:)
Last just frost em with some vanilla buttercream or you can even use the store bought kind.
I make my own:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
1tsp vanilla
Mix together
 Then add 4 cups of confectioners sugar (1 cup at a time) and 4tbs of milk
Mix until fluffy


Bon appetit:)

No comments:

Post a Comment