Wednesday

Jaelyn's 1st birthday party

My daughter's first birthday party was a cupcake themed party.
I found some cute cupcake wrapping paper and taped it to the wall for an instant back ground for her 1st birthday photo.
I removed all the furniture from my formal living room and rented some tables and chairs for lots of seating:)
I also made pom poms in different pinks using $1.00 tissue paper from Walmart and hung them from the ceiling. Cute and affordable decorations.
The centerpieces were just Terra Cotta pots from my local craft store filled with pink carnations made to look like cupcakes. Then I found these $1.00 cupcake marshmallow pops I just couldn't pass up!
The banner I made just using coordinating card stock, ribbon, letter stencils and lots and lots of cutting and gluing.
Even the chandy got a little bit of sprucing up with some pink beads:)
I wanted her high chair to be something special for her so I made a tutu for the front of it using tulle and elastic and found a cupcake chair cover from http://www.abcdistributing.com/. I added some balloons and it turned out great!

I made a cupcake using Styrofoam wrapped in ribbon and cake boards top with cupcake wrapping paper. Made a tutu for the bottom tier and added store bought cupcakes.
The goody bags were just simple pink bags and I added a cupcake sticker to go with the theme and also found cupcake tissue paper in the dollar bins at Target.
I knew she would not remember any of her party so I spent as little as I possibly could by doing most of everything myself. It made the party that much more special for me because I knew a lot of heart and love went into it. When I show her pictures in the future I am sure she will appreciate everything I did:)

Have a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment