Thursday

It's all about the gold!

Using the color gold is really in right now. You can find it everywhere from clothing

Gold dress

To home accessories
Gold accessories

Gold furniture

To going as bold as painting your walls gold <3
Gold stripes

I love gold, always have so I am jumping on this bandwagon and putting gold somewhere in my house.
My formal living/dining room seemed to be the best choice to add some glam.
I recently got rid of my wood coffee table that came with a the furniture set I purchased. I didn't like the matchy matchy feeling I got in the room, it was craving for an attention piece. I came across this picture

and right away knew what my room was missing:)
Having a gold and glass coffee table can really add sophistication and glam to a space.
I didn't want to spend a fortune on a table so I turned to craigslist, but I had a very specific piece in mind, something like this
I was so happy when I found this baby!!
Before

 the table was pretty similar, so for 35.00 I snatched that deal up real quick! A little rub n buff in antique gold and I now have have perfect coffee table:)

After
I <3 it!!

So what do you think? Is gold trendy or timeless?

No comments:

Post a Comment