Wednesday

Button tacks

I finally got around to working on my craft room:) yay!! I have been making lots of boards and buying stuff and getting rid of stuff because I couldn't make up my mind on exactly what I wanted to do. Well finally I have made up my mind!! and am for sure sticking with this plan because I am in love with it:)

I am using fun and girly colors like pinks and aquas! using mainly furniture I got off craigslist and doing lots of diy projects and crafts.

Here is the plan I finally settled down with

The desk is one I had just painted a pretty aqua color now:)
I found an armoire off craigslist for only $60.00!! and it's HUGE! perfect for storing all my yarn along with other stuff.
I also got a craft table just like the one pictured off craigslist for $15.00 its a great size all it needs is a little bit of love.
The shelves, side table and adorable pink chairs are all from Ikea (love that place)
The rug I haven't found yet, but I think I am actually going to make that a DIY project by crocheting one for myself. I found a picture on Pinterest and fell in love. I am challenging myself to make it by the end of the year! (wish me luck)


Wouldn't that be pretty in creams, greens and pinks! ahhh <3


So, I tackled my first project tonight. A fabric covered cork board for above my sewing table.


 Just bought a plain framed cork board at Hobby Lobby for $20.00 (it was half off)
Then unscrewed the back, covered it with coordinating fabric (using spray adhesive) and re attached the back and frame. It was much better, but still lacking some personality and decided it needed some cute tacks:)
I got some vintage inspired buttons (in a bag and also from Hob Lob)


Snipped off the back little button hook thingy and hot glued a thumbtack to it.


 Do as many as you want and let it dry.


Voila instant charm:)



I just love the way they came out.
Enjoy!

I also want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving:)

No comments:

Post a Comment