Wednesday

Halloween & Fall Wreaths

 
As the cool, crisp air approaches and with the holidays right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about Fall/Halloween decorations. Fall is my favorite time of the year!! From the nice weather, to boots, scarfs, and pumpkin pie or pumpkin spice latte;) I look forward to it every year.
I especially love decorating for it!
 
Halloween:
Since my child is only 4 we don't get too scary with Halloween decorations. When she is older though we will! Think graves, smoke, strobe lights, and haunting music! Since I am a huge horror movie fan I definitely look forward to it:)
 
I choose to go with a monochromatic color scheme, I'm not real big on the purple, orange, and green Halloween. I like a more "scary" old feel. I took my daughter with me for help with the front door wreath and surprisingly she choose these little skulls from Michael's. Yay!!!
 
 
I made a 16" burlap rag wreath and a chevron and skull bow
(all items found at Hobby Lobby and Michael's)


I added the skull, black roses, and a burlap rose, then I made some little chevron rosettes, using left over Chevy burlap ribbon.



I made, then printed out the beware sign, using card stock and my home printer.
Then I burned it with a lighter to give it an aged look.



 
I think it turned out awesome:)
 
 
Fall:
For my Fall wreath I wanted to keep it rustic, but sophisticated.
I choose creamy white to go with the burlap. I think it turned out beautifully.



 
Happy decorating:)

No comments:

Post a Comment